Small but hungry, termites pack quite the punch when it comes to infesting your home or business.
Our expert pest control technicians here at Termagon Termite & Pest Control get quite a few calls about termite infestations. The questions often revolve around the types of termites to prevention tips.
Today, let’s talk about the different types of termites that you may be unfortunate enough to encounter as a home or business owner.
What Are Termites?
Often called the worst pests in the world, termites are very small insects that look similar to ants. They eat cellulose that comes from dead or rotting wood, including wood chips, firewood and more. They also love to go after the wood in your home or business.
What Are the Different Types of Termites?
The United States has around 45 different species of termite. Arizona has at least 17 species of termite, including the three wood-chewing groups listed below.
- Prefer to live in areas with a very high moisture rate. They rarely live near homes or businesses.
- They like to live inside of dead wood and can often be found in the remains of trees or logs. They also like to attack the baseboards and hardwood floors of properties.
- These termites primarily live in the soil. They will eat through trees but are very partial to the structural areas of homes and businesses
How Can I Prevent Termites From Descending on My Home or Business?
Clean Up Your Yard
- Keeping debris away from your home or business is very important. This is especially true near the base of your property. Keep moisture away from baseboards.
Store all Wood Away From Your Property
- Never leave things like plywood or pieces of wood near your property. Pick up all loose pieces of wood and store them properly.
- Keep firewood off the ground. If you don’t currently own firewood containers, consider purchasing some with sealable tops to ensure termites don’t have easy access to your firewood supply.
What Can I Do if I Suspect My Home or Business Has an Infestation?
Call in the professionals. We recommend you don’t try to get rid of termites on your own.
When you contact Termagon Termite & Pest Control, our experts will come out to inspect your property to spot potential trouble areas. We’ll come up with a personalized eradication and prevention plan to bring you peace of mind.
How Termagon Termite & Pest Control Can Help
When you enlist the help of Termagon Termite & Pest Control, you can rest assured that you’ve chosen the best pest control experts in Arizona. Serving our customers since 1995, we have highly trained technicians and support staff you can count on to take care of any pest problems.
Contact Termagon Termite & Pest Control today to get started!